The Innovation Hub will spearhead and guide the Innovation and Exploitation activities of the KIOS CoE. This will facilitate strong interaction and close collaboration with the industrial sector. For that reason an Industrial Membership Programme has been established, targeting CIS operators and regulators, related commercial and governmental organisations and innovative SMEs. In addition, the KIOS Innovation Hub coordinates the exploitation activities of the intellectual property (IP) created through the Centre’s activities.
The KIOS Innovation Hub aims to fulfil this role by bringing together research experts, industry, and innovation-focused enterprises to create an ecosystem that spans the entire innovation cycle from the conception of an idea to technology commercialization.The KIOS Innovation Hub through its Industrial Membership Program aims to:
- Provide research and innovation services related to monitoring, control, management and security of Critical Infrastructures, based on Information and Communication Technologies.
- Stimulate information, technology and talent transfer to and from industry.
- Envisage and create innovate products and services jointly with industry.
The Innovation Hub is a research and innovation network aiming to make significant contributions to the promotion of a knowledge-based economy, bringing new employment opportunities in high-tech areas as well as new ideas for economic growth in Cyprus and Europe as a whole.
Industrial Membership Program
The KIOS Innovation Hub promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance, via an Industrial Membership Program suitable for operators of critical infrastructure systems and regulators, related commercial and governmental organizations and innovative SMEs. Participating organizations are beneficiaries and can exploit the research and technology outputs of the KIOS CoE.
Innovation Hub Members & Partners
The Industrial Membership Program includes two membership levels (Members and Partners) with significant benefits and privileges.
Member organizations enjoy a standard membership package. Benefits include:
- Collaboration with KIOS CoE in EU/National project proposals
- Participation in networking and collaboration events
- Updates regarding national and European funding opportunities
- Immediate access to white papers, technology roadmaps and the KIOS CoE annual report
- Free access for employees to specialized seminars, training and networking events
- Early access to IP
- Access to student and co-supervision of theses and dissertations
Partner organizations can enjoy closer collaboration with the KIOS Innovation Hub. With a stronger financial annual commitment, a partnership allows for significant additional benefits and resources, tailored to the needs of the organization:
- R&D support on customized projects
- Assignment of dedicated, highly qualified, researchers and developers
- Training and access to the KIOS Testbeds for developing new products and services for Critical Infrastructure
- Preferential and exclusive participation in research proposals and consortia right-of-first-refusal)