Title: Special Scientist (Project Support Assistant)
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus is accepting applications for the position of a Project Support Assistant, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure the efficient and effective management of projects. They will provide day-to-day support for the management of a portfolio of projects, including but not limited to European Commission (EC) funded projects. The postholder will work as part of a team, to help set up and maintain internal management systems that can assist the KIOS CoE implement externally funded project efficiently and effectively. They will also be responsible for maintaining the internal management systems and will be responsible for keeping project records and systems up to date. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence at the KIOS CoE in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Who we are: The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do: KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top-level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS: You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the community and the environment, not only on a local but also on a global scale. In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfil your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit your and the Center’s needs.
Job details: Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Provide administration support for proposal preparation and project delivery, help to set up and maintain internal management systems that can assist the KIOS CoE to implement externally funded project efficiently and effectively.
- Support existing and improve document management systems and processes to support best-practices.
- Collate and track documentation required to support the preparation of proposals and the management of projects including information required for proposal/ grant agreement requirements, project finance reports and procurement documentation.
- Collate information and data required for monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Support the collation and editing of data and information for reports, deliverables, project communication material and presentations.
- Undertake administrative support activities for proposal preparation and projects being delivered at the KIOS Center of Excellence.
- Day-to-day project work, event and meeting organization, teleconference organisation, communications support, resource allocations, processing expenses claims, travel and meeting arrangements, oversee payments, procurement and other contracting activities.
The post holder will work as part of a team and contribute to the smooth running of the KIOS CoE projects and proposal preparation. The role requires the post holder to be flexible, able to multi-task and work on their own initiative.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must:
- exhibit excellent team-working, organizational, self-management and communication skills.
- must be able to adhere to deadlines and meet targets. They should be able to work independently, with minimum supervision and deliver a number of support activities to several projects in parallel and with a strong delivery focus.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reporting skills are essential.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates must hold a recognized school certificate for secondary education.
- At least 3 years administrative experience preferably in a similar role.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of European or other competitive funded programmes and projects.
- Practical experience in providing close support to academics, researchers or management across a range of diverse project support activities.
- Ability to use computers and especially programs like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, with a 6-month probation period, which is renewable based on satisfactory performance evaluation. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €1000 – €1600. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus Government funds will be deducted. A 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter, with a summary of prior work experiences, activities, and accomplishments, along with employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
- Copies of transcripts of secondary education and other qualifications
- Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus will collect and process all candidate personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, 29th of April 2022. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications will be interviewed by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893452 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.