The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) at the University of Cyprus announces one position for a full time Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff) to manage the KIOS CoE Laboratory and Testbed infrastructure. The post involves administration of the procurement processes, equipment installation, configuration and maintenance. Moreover, the successful candidate is expected to collaborate with KIOS CoE researchers in setting up the equipment required for conducting various experiments. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be expected to implement the University regulations in terms of health and safety, security, and other policies and protocols.
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project, with significant funding in excess of 40 million euros over the next 15 years. Currently, the Center employs about 90 researchers, who are supported by externally funded research projects while the vision of KIOS is that it will grow to 150-200 researchers by 2022.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially a one-year contract will be offered, but this may be renewable based on performance and the availability of funding, for multiple years without any limitation. The monthly gross salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and will be between €1500-€2000. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. The position does not include medical insurance coverage, however the University of Cyprus provides the opportunity, if the employee desires so, to become a member at the Governmental Medical Plan (annual cost per person €550) or join the Private Medical Scheme (cost of 5.5% of gross salary). Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Laws 1997 to 2011.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the equipment of the KIOS CoE laboratories
- Administer the procurement process for new laboratory equipment
- Support KIOS CoE personnel setting up the laboratory equipment
- Keep records of all the laboratory equipment of the Center and schedule maintenance
- Complete all correspondence related to the responsibilities of the position
- Implement the health and safety procedures of the University
- Any other tasks/duties he/she is assigned related to the position
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution
- Previous relevant experience will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering Fundamentals (ability to perform basic maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment)
- Understanding of basic Health and Safety Procedures in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of basic office and O/S (Windows/Linux) skills
- Very Good Organizational and Communication Skills
- Able to Work in a Team
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English Languages
Interested candidates should submit the following items online via the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their practical experiences (1 page maximum), both in Greek and English.
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 8th June 2018, 5:00pm. For more information please contact the KIOS Research Center, by phone at +357 22893450/51 or via e-mail at email@example.com