The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) at the University of Cyprus announces one position for a full time Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff) for managing the computer systems and information infrastructure of the Center. The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus, and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project, with significant funding in excess of 40 million euros over the next 15 years. Currently, the Center employs about 90 researchers, who are supported by externally funded research projects while the vision of the KIOS Center of Excellence is that it will grow to 150-200 researchers by 2022.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially a one-year contract will be offered but this may be renewable based on performance and the availability of funding, for multiple years without any limitation. The monthly salary includes employee’s contributions, depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and will be between €1500-€2000. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. The position does not include medical insurance coverage, however the University of Cyprus provides the opportunity, if the employee desires so, to become a member at the Governmental Medical Plan (annual cost per person €600) or join the Private Medical Scheme (cost of 5.5% of gross salary). Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Laws 1997 to 2011.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or postgraduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in administration of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support for the KIOS personnel in all IT related issues
- Administration and maintenance of IT systems of the Center
- Design and implementation of new IT systems in support of the research projects of the Center and within the guidelines and using the existing infrastructure of the university
- Help set specifications and complete the appropriate procedure required for the acquisition of new equipment
- Keep records of all the IT equipment of the Center and schedule maintenance
- Complete all correspondence regarding the IT systems of the Center
- Any other tasks/duties he/she is assigned related to the position
Interested candidates should submit the following items online on the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their practical experiences (1 page maximum).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 16th March 2018, 5:00pm. For more information please contact the KIOS Research Center, by phone at +357 22893450/51 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org