The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) administrative support staff position, for full time employment, funded by the European Union under the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project.
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus, and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project, with significant funding in excess of 40 million euros over the next 15 years. Currently, the Center employs about 90 researchers, who are supported by externally funded research projects while the vision of the KIOS Center of Excellence is that it will grow to 150-200 researchers by 2022.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out high level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control, and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks, and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the KIOS team and will provide support to all activities of the Center. Candidates for this position should have the necessary knowledge and experience to support European research and innovation projects.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially a one-year contract will be offered but this may be renewable based on performance for multiple years without any limitation. The monthly gross salary (includes employee’s contributions), depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise, and will be between €1000 and €1600. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. The position does not include medical insurance coverage, however the University of Cyprus provides the opportunity, if the employee desires so, to join the Governmental Medical Plan (annual cost per person €550) or the Private Medical Scheme (cost of 5.5% of gross salary). Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Laws 1997 to 2011.
- Candidates must hold a recognized school certificate for secondary education.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language
- Ability to use computers and especially programs like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Integrity, discretion, organizational and administrative capacity, responsibility, initiative, and discernment.
- Experience in supporting European programmes will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General office and accounting management
- Archiving of documents, record keeping
- Handling technological and other office equipment
- Management and support of research and innovation programs
- Collecting, processing, and preparing statistic data
- Preparation of reports for research projects
- Organizing and servicing meetings, events, conferences
- Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Center Director
Interested candidates should submit the following items online on the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- Detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of secondary education and other qualifications
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references will be requested
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 30th November 2018, 5:00pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. For more information please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893450/51 or via e-mail at kios@,ucy.ac.cy