The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one Data and Information Security Manager position, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will organize and manage all the data and information security operations of the KIOS Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) and will be responsible for the implementation and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to technology and information security standards. The successful candidate will be the point of contact for all matters related to information security and data protection, managing the implementation of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) according to the requirements of ISO27001 as well as the implementation of associated organizational and technical controls, and ensuring continued compliance with relevant standards, laws and regulations.
University of Cyprus
The University of Cyprus was officially founded in 1989 and started operating in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, in 1992. Within a short time, the University of Cyprus managed to achieve international recognition through an impressive course of development. Today, it is ranked 67th young university (under 50 years) and #251-300 worldwide in Engineering and Technology by the Times New Higher Education Rankings.
These great distinctions are the result of our dedication to excellence and continuous development. The University of Cyprus managed to stand out and receive awards for the new paths it has opened up in particularly demanding and dynamic contexts of research. The University of Cyprus becomes better every year; therefore, it wishes to attract the best employees.
To this end, the University constantly develops its programs of study and recruits high-caliber staff who will contribute significantly to the design of new curricula, both at undergraduate and graduate level. One of the strategic aims of the University of Cyprus is the further promotion and development of research, in which new staff are expected to play an essential role.
KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE)
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 130 researchers (at various ranks/levels), who are supported by externally funded research projects.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunities employer.
Short Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS) aligned with the requirement of ISO 27001.
- Develop security awareness and compliance training material and documentation
- Improve the ISMS by creating, documenting and managing controls related to information security and compliance to improve the ISMS.
- Develop and manage the internal audits related to ISO27001 and conduct gap analysis and remediation strategy.
- Manage the procedures related to ethics and security of research projects.
- Work closely with the KIOS IT Manager and the University’s IT Infrastructure Services to develop operational security capabilities and assist in the management of security and data risks.
- Manage and oversee the procedures for the protection of confidential and secret information according to Cyprus National Security Authority policies.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, self-management skills and team-working skills.
- Possess excellent analytical skills in order to be able to collect and analyze information, solve problems and make decisions.
- Have the ability of critical thinking, where he/she should be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to specific problems.
- Be reliable, trustworthy, and self-disciplined, as well as committed to carrying out responsibilities and adhering to ethical principles.
- Have excellent attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Demonstrate strong commitment to security rules and policies.
The ideal candidate must also be knowledgeable on data information security compliance protocols, IT arrangements, and on technical fields related to handling/transmitting digital information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science or Engineering or Business or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience and/or active involvement in data and information security procedures or in a position with similar responsibilities will be considered an advantage.
- Experience and/or active involvement in security compliance with one of the following standards: ISO27001, CISSP, CISM will be considered an advantage.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered but this is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and will be between €1500 – €2500. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment.
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date and why they want to pursue a career at the KIOS CoE
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 19th of June 2020, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at [email protected] .