Title : Special Scientist (Human Resource Specialist)
No. of Positions : One (1)
Category : Employment contract
Location : University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) Special Scientist (Human Resource Specialist) position, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will develop and strengthen the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources management policies, procedures, and practices. He/she will be responsible for managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management and training and development. In addition, he/she will be responsible for aligning the Organization’s Strategies with HR strategies in order to create a competitive advantage through people and achieve the sustainability and further development of the Center.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 180 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the society and the environment, not only in a local but also in a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills.
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Conduct new employee orientations and oversee the induction procedure
• Manage and coordinate the recruitment and selection procedure
• Design, maintain and coordinate the performance management system of the Center
• Coordinate all training & development activities of the Center
• Develop, revise and recommend human resource management policies and procedures
• Provide reports, HR metrics and analytics to support strategic decisions
• Support current and future needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human resources
• Bridge management and employee by addressing demands, grievances, queries or other issues
• Contribute actively to the education, and dissemination activities of the KIOS CoE
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Have integrity and dependability
• Flexible and eager to learn
• Able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Very good organizational and self-management skills
• Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or/and Master’s degree in Human Resources or Management or Business Administration or other related field, from an accredited institution.
• Prior experience as an HR officer or in a similar position with similar duties and responsibilities as described above will be considered an advantage.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €1600 – €2200. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Law 1997(Ν.100(Ι)/1997), and the existing amendment laws.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
• Copies of degrees and transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD or other degree(s)
• Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
• Copy of English language certificate (GCSE, IELTS, ETS TOEFL, or other relevant certificate demonstrating proficiency in English)
• Names and contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Wednesday, 12 April 2023, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications will be interviewed by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.