Title: Administrative Support Staff (Laboratory & Research Infrastructure Specialist)
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) Administrative Support Staff (Laboratory and Research Infrastructure Specialist) position, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing laboratory and research infrastructure operations, including relevant procurement activities for the Center. The individual will ensure that all activities related to procurement, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of laboratory and research equipment/infrastructures are efficient, effective, and comply with relevant regulations and standards, aiming to support the Center achieve its strategic objectives.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 180 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on society and the environment, not only on a local but also on a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills.
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Maintain a clean and organized laboratories/testbeds and research infrastructure environment.
• Ensure the security, proper use, and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Ensure compliance with safety regulations, including proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials and adherence to safety protocols.
• Maintain accurate records of data and inventory and ensure that it is properly organized and stored.
• Assist in the coordination and preparation for internal and external visits at the KIOS Laboratory, testbeds and research infrastructure facilities.
• Identify and write technical specifications relevant to laboratory equipment and research infrastructures.
• Identify and evaluate potential suppliers and their products and/or services.
• Prepare all relevant documentation for all phases of procurement procedures.
• Ensure that all procurement procedures and activities are in compliance with the UCY’s policies and procedures, as well as relevant laws and regulations.
• Evaluate all offers and select the best supplier based on the pre-set criteria.
• Negotiate prices and terms with potential suppliers.
• Monitor supplier performance by addressing any issues may arise.
• Provide relevant reports and analysis on all procurement activities.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• Problem solving skills
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Flexible and eager to learn
• Able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Have good communication, organizational and self-management skills
• Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek language
• Excellent knowledge of laws, regulations related to laboratory practices and procurement procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences or other related field from an accredited institution.
• Proven experience in a similar position will be considered a strong advantage.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a two-year contract will be offered, with a 6-month probation period, which is renewable based on satisfactory performance evaluation. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €1500-€2500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. A 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Law 1997(Ν.100(Ι)/1997), and the existing amendment laws.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link:
• Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date.
• Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
• Copies of transcripts of BSc and any other degree(s)
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
• Copy of English language certificate (GCSE, IELTS, ETS TOEFL, or other relevant certificate demonstrating proficiency in English).Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 8th of September 2023, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at [email protected].