Title: Special Scientist for Research (Research Engineer)
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (CoE) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) Research Engineering position focusing on Risk Management for full-time employment. We are looking for an enthusiast, self-motivated research engineer to conduct research and development activities within the context of research and innovation, as well as provide technical and research support in the area of risk management in electric utilities. Additionally, will implement and/or support ongoing and new projects (under the KIOS Innovation Hub) in order for the Center to achieve its strategic objectives. The candidate will have the chance to work and interact with a large industrial organization in the energy sector in order to conduct applied research in the area of risk management.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency
management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on society, not only on a local but also on a global scale. In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit your and the Center’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the below duties and responsibilities:
• Develop methodologies for risk evaluation in the working environment of an electric utility
• Design and implement effective processes to monitor all the risks
• Develop risk mitigation strategies according to several international standards
• Analyze and report the risks through statistics and smart tools
• Assist and work on the development of software for risk evaluation, monitoring and mitigation
• Develop training material related to risk management
• Prepare project reports and deliverables.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• Creative thinker
• Attention to detail
• Problem solver
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Flexible and eager to learn
• Able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Very good knowledge of the English language
• Genuine interest in risk management and energy sector
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
• Previous experience will be considered an advantage.
The positions are on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s
qualifications and experience and will be between €1500 and €2500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link:
• Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date
• Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
• Copies of transcripts of BSc/ MSc or other degree(s)
• Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, 11th of March 2022, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at email@example.com.