The KIOS Research Center for Intelligent Systems and Networks of the University of Cyprus announces one part-time research position (Special Scientist) for the project entitled “COncORDE: Development of Coordination Mechanisms During Different Kinds of Emergencies,” which is funded by the European Commission.
The KIOS Research Center contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the areas of computational intelligence and system design, and the application of these methodologies to the monitoring, control and management of large-scale complex systems. The KIOS Research Center develops advanced engineering tools for the management of critical infrastructure systems, such as electric power systems and distribution networks, telecommunication networks, water distribution networks and transportation networks. Furthermore, the KIOS Research Center strongly promotes interdisciplinary interaction and collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high tech areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected Researcher will have the opportunity to design and develop software for real-time resource allocation and decision making, within the objectives of the research project COncORDE.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or
Software Engineering or other degree covering similar subjects, from an accredited institution.
- Good knowledge of the English languages
- Good knowledge of mathematical formulations of optimization problems
- Good knowledge of algorithm design and software implementation
- Good knowledge of the Matlab software tool or Java or Python programming skills
- Good understanding of Application Programming Interfaces and integration steps
- Previous experience will be considered as an advantage
This position is on a part-time contract basis (110 hours/monthly) for five months, which may be renewed. The monthly salary is €885 (employer’s cost). Employee and Employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
Interested candidates should submit curriculum vitae via e-mail to the KIOS Research Center at email@example.com, by Monday, 18th July 2016, 5:00pm.
For more information please contact Dr. Christos Panayiotou via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org