The KIOS Research Center of Intelligent Systems and Networks of the University of Cyprus announces a full-time research position in research programmes that are funded by the Research Promotion Foundation, the industry and the European Union.
The KIOS Research Center aims at contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the areas of computational intelligence and system design, and applies these methodologies in the monitoring, control and management of large-scale complex systems. The ultimate goal of the KIOS Research Center is to develop advanced engineering tools for the management of critical infrastructures and resources in systems such as telecommunication networks, healthcare systems, electric power systems and distribution networks, and environmental resource management and quality assurance. Furthermore, the KIOS Research Center aims to instigate interdisciplinary interaction and promote collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high tech areas.
This position is on a contract basis of one year, which is renewable. The monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and starts from €1500 for BSc or MSc holders and from €2000 for PhD holders. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or postgraduate degree (M.Sc.) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field discipline from an accredited institution
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Previous experience will be considered as a further qualification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Special Scientist will have the opportunity to conduct research in one or more of the following areas:
- Telecommunication networks
- Intelligent systems, automation and embedded systems
- Biomedical engineering
- Water supply and management systems
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek and/or in English
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their academic and research experiences
- The names and contact details of at least two University Professors from whom references may by requested
Via e-mail to KIOS Research firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday November 22nd, 2011.
For more information please contact Dr. Christos Panayiotou by phone at +357 22892298 or via e-mail at email@example.com