The KIOS Research Center of Intelligent Systems and Networks at the University of Cyprus announces two research positions funded by the European Union under the ERC Advanced Grant «Fault-Adaptive Monitoring and Control of Complex Distributed Dynamical Systems».
The KIOS Research Center provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on large-scale complex systems. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high- tech areas of global importance. Currently, the Center has more than 80 researchers, who are supported by externally funded research projects. The required expertise for the announced positions is in one or more of the following areas: fault diagnosis, cooperative control, adaptive systems and intelligent control, nonlinear systems and control.
The positions are on a contract basis of one year, and are renewable. The monthly salary (employer cost) depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and starts from €1400 for BSc or MSc holders and from €2000 for PhD holders. Employer contributions to social security etc. will be covered by the salary of the employee. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus or medical insurance coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or postgraduate degree (M.Sc.) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field discipline from an accredited institution.
- Excellent mathematical and computing skills.
- Previous experience will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The hired researchers will have the opportunity to conduct research in one or more of the following areas:
- Fault diagnosis
- Cooperative control
- Adaptive systems and intelligent control
- Nonlinear systems and control
Interested candidates should submit via e-mail to the KIOS Research Center email@example.com, by Friday, 13th June 2014, 15:30 in PDF format the following:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their academic and research experiences
- The names and contact details of at least two University Professors from whom references may be requested
For more information please contact Prof. Marios Polycarpou by phone at +357 22893451 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org