The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) at the University of Cyprus announces one position for a full time Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff) to develop and implement communications measures for the KIOS Center of Excellence. The post involves organizing a variety of communication, promotion and marketing activities related to the dissemination of relevant information to a variety of stakeholders including the general public about the activities of the KIOS Center of Excellence. The post-holder will be responsible for formulating and implementing the KIOS CoE Communication Strategy and other tasks related to the center’s outreach priorities. Duties include the development and production of high quality promotional and informational material (e.g. leaflets, press releases, presentations, reports, information booklets etc) in several media including printed material, web-based material, videos and social media, presentation of the Center’s activities to visitors and as well as the organization of outreach events.
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project, with significant funding in excess of 40 million euros over the next 15 years. Currently, the Center employs about 90 researchers, who are supported by externally funded research projects while the vision of KIOS is that it will grow to 150-200 researchers by 2022.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially an one-year contract will be offered but this may be renewable based on performance and the availability of funding, for multiple years without any limitation. The monthly gross salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and expertise and will be between €1500-€2000. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. The position does not include medical insurance coverage, however the University of Cyprus provides the opportunity, if the employee desires so, to become a member at the Governmental Medical Plan (annual cost per person €550) or join the Private Medical Scheme (cost of 5.5% of gross salary). Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Laws 1997 to 2011.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and implement measures to effectively communicate the activities of the KIOS CoE and its research and innovation output to a wide range of audiences through a wide range of media.
- Manage the KIOS CoE website including content, design and preparation of material
- Prepare reports with the activities of the Center for targeted audiences
- Prepare and distribute publicity and promotional material
- Prepare press releases and other related material directed at media
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Center’s visitors
- Coordinate the participation of KIOS researchers and academics in local, national and international events
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science communication, marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Excellent command of Greek and English language
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work with MS Office, develop websites, work with social media.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online on the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- Short description of their practical experiences (1 page maximum), both in Greek and English.
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 4th May 2018, 5:00pm. For more information please contact the KIOS Research Center, by phone at +357 22893450/51 or via e-mail at email@example.com