Title : Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff)
No. of Positions : One (1)
Category : Employment contract
Location : University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Support, for full-time employment. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence at the KIOS CoE in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top-level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the community and the environment, not only on a local but also on a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfil your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit your and the Center’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office and accounting management
- Archiving of documents, record keeping
- Handling technological and other office equipment
- Management and support of research and innovation programs
- Collecting, processing, and preparing statistic data
- Preparation of reports for research projects
- Organizing and servicing meetings, events, conferences
- Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Center’s Director
Profile of the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate must exhibit excellent team-working, organizational, self-management, independence, written and verbal communication skills. He/She must have the ability for time management, attention to detail, be reliable and trustworthy, and have an adherence to ethical principles.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates must hold a recognized school certificate for secondary education
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language
- Ability to use computers and especially programs like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Integrity, discretion, organizational and administrative capacity, responsibility, initiative, and discernment.
- Experience in supporting European programs will be considered an advantage
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, with a 6-month probation period, which is renewable based on satisfactory performance evaluation. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €1000 – €1600. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus Government funds will be deducted. A 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter, with a summary of prior work experiences, activities, and accomplishments, along with employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
- Copies of transcripts of secondary education and other qualifications
- Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus will collect and process all candidate personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, 15th of April 2022. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications will be interviewed by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.