The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus is
accepting applications for the position of Innovation Hub Manager, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will manage the KIOS CoE Innovation Hub (IH) and the Center’s relationships with the Industry. This includes attracting new collaborations for technology transfer and innovation projects as well as overseeing the implementation of the activities of the IH, aiming to help KIOS CoE achieve its strategic objectives.
Applicants are expected to have physical presence at the KIOS CoE in Nicosia, Cyprus.
University of Cyprus
The University of Cyprus was founded in 1989 and admitted its first students in 1992. Within a short time, the
University of Cyprus achieved international distinctions. Today, it is ranked as the 84th young university (under
50 years) and #501-600 worldwide by the Times Higher Education Rankings.
These notable distinctions are the result of dedication to continuous development. The pursuit of research excellence constitutes a key strategic objective of the University of Cyprus. Moreover, the University continually extends and upgrades its programs of undergraduate and graduate studies. To best serve its research and educational aims, the University recruits high-caliber academic staff who can make significant contributions to the development of internationally competitive research projects and to the design and delivery of new curricula.
KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE)
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 145 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of
Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
Short Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Manage innovation and technology transfer projects and activities. This includes overseeing the progress and successful completion of innovation projects, contributing towards dissemination and communication activities managed by the innovation hub, coordinating efforts to implement standard operating procedures and key performance indicators relevant to the innovation hub, and coordinating the administrative and financial requirements for innovation proposals preparation.
• Network and attract new collaborations, including the identification of new opportunities for technology transfer, Intellectual Property (IP), and entrepreneurship stemming from the Center’s research activities, and liaising with industrial partners and stakeholders to develop collaboration opportunities based on the expertise and goals of the Center.
• Identify and manage IP, by maintaining the IP audit list of the Center, providing advice for IP opportunities, and managing IP processes and procedures.
• Contribute to the overall strategic decisions of the innovation hub and the KIOS CoE in general, participate in internal committees of the Center, and contribute actively to the training, education, and dissemination activities of the KIOS CoE.
• Administration and Management: advanced knowledge of business and management principles involved in project coordination, strategic planning, risk management, resource allocation and coordination.
• IP and Entrepreneurship: advanced knowledge of managing IP and entrepreneurial processes.
• Engineering and Technology: knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
• Strong knowledge of EU and local legal system and relevant regulations pertaining to the activities of the
• Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language.
Required skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate must exhibit excellent project coordination, team-working, organizational, self management and communication skills. He/She must possess technical and analytical skills, should have the abilities of critical thinking and complex-problem solving, where he/she should be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to specific problems. Further, he/she should have to take initiatives and make decisions and have the quality of being reliable and trustworthy, self-discipline, be able to demonstrate a commitment to carrying out his/her responsibilities and have an adherence to ethical principles.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business or Natural & Applied Sciences or Engineering or Social Sciences or other related field from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a two-year contract with a 6-month probation period will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €2700 – €4500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. A 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary.
Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link:
• Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date
• Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
• Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD or other degree(s)
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
• Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus will collect and process all candidate personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 16th of April 2021, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893451 or via
e-mail at email@example.com .