The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy/) is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and has recently been upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than100 researchers (at various ranks/levels), who are supported by externally funded research projects.
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research in the area of Information and Communication Technologies with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunities’ employer.
The required skills and expertise for the sought-out researchers include one or more of the following areas:
- Cyber security and cyber-physical security
- Intelligent control
- Machine Learning
- Autonomous multi-agent systems
- Semantics and Ontologies
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
- Security of Industrial Control Systems
- Intelligent Dependable and Secure Embedded and Real-Time Systems Edge Computing
- Monitoring and control of smart water networks or power and energy systems or intelligent transportation systems or telecommunication networks or smart buildings
- Bachelor`s Degree and/or postgraduate degree (M.Sc., PhD) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Mathematics or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Previous research experience will be considered an advantage
The positions are on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered but this is renewable based on performance. KIOS Center of Excellence offers competitive salaries based on qualifications and experience.
Furthermore, these research positions can be combined with the enrolment in the PhD programme.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the KIOS Center of Excellence the following items in PDF format.
i. Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
iii. Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
iv. Short description of their academic and research experiences (1page maximum)
v. The names and contact details of at least two University Professors from whom reference letters may be requested
vi. ID or passport copy
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at email@example.com.