The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE) announces one full-time PhD Student Scholarship to individuals with Jordanian nationality or citizenship. The KIOS CoE operates within the University of Cyprus, in collaboration with Imperial College London.
The selected student will be enrolled in either the Electrical Engineering or the Computer Engineering PhD program of the University of Cyprus and will conduct her/his research at the facilities of the KIOS Center of Excellence, within the University of Cyprus in Nicosia, Cyprus. The thematic areas of the KIOS Center of Excellence include: Control systems, computational intelligence and machine learning, autonomous systems, optimization, networks, embedded and real-time systems hardware and software, fault diagnosis, cyber-security, reliability, resiliency and fault tolerance, cyber-physical systems, Internet of Things, dependable integrated systems, intelligent transportation systems, water networks, power and energy systems, and telecommunication networks. Motivated candidates with strong mathematical and/or algorithm development backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct fundamental or applied research in one of the above KIOS thematic areas of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems. She/he will be encouraged to produce, submit and publish research results in international conferences and journals, with a view to acquire the PhD degree. The successful candidate may also participate in research projects of the KIOS Center of Excellence, including ongoing research collaboration with Imperial College London.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering) or Computer Science or Mathematics or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Previous research experience will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
The scholarship will be for one year and may be renewed annually, based on performance, for 35 years. The scholarship includes the University of Cyprus tuition fees and an annual gross salary of €16,800.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to: email@example.com
- Cover letter that specifies their availability date as well as the research area(s) that they are interested in pursuing their PhD degree.
- Short description of their academic and research experiences (can be combined with the cover letter) (1 page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc degree(s).
- At least two reference letters from University Professors, submitted directly to KIOS from the referees.
All applications should be submitted by Thursday, 10th September 2020. For more information please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.