The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (CoE) (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces two (2) Software Engineer positions, focusing on compliance & testing, for full-time employment. The successful candidates will analyze, maintain and document software solutions under multiple KIOS CoE projects funded by the European Union, including the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project, as well as national or industry-funded projects.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the society, not only in a local but also in a global scale. In a few words, you contribute towards forming the future! In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit yours and the Center’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Assist in designing QA methodologies and validation strategies by analyzing technical requirements to identify test requirements and ensuring that the software meets specifications.
• Ensure the compliance with security concepts and frameworks such as ISO 27001, EU Regulations related to security, black box testing, white box testing
• Maintain and execute manual/automated test cases for functional, acceptance, integration, regression, system, stress/performance and high-availability testing
• Identify areas for automation, collect test data requirements, propose new test metrics and techniques to maximize testing efficiency and scalability
• Provide work breakdown, document defects with root cause analysis and status update throughout the project release life cycle
• Prepare project repots and project deliverables.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• Have strong attention to detail
• Have Integrity
• Be reliable and trustworthy
• Be able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Have excellent organizational and communication skills
• Very good knowledge of the English language.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’ s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other relevant field from an accredited institution
• Previous experience will be considered an advantage
The positions are on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €1750 – €2500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link:
• Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date
• Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
• Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc or other degree(s)
• A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
• Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Thursday, 30 of September 2021, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or
via e-mail at email@example.com.