The KIOS Research Center of Intelligent Systems and Networks of the University of Cyprus announces a full-time research position in the research group of Dr. Georgios Mitsis in the context of the project “Development of computational tools and services for the diagnosis and personalized optimal therapy of oncological diseases”, funded by the European Regional Development Fund and by national funding.
A description of the project can be found at the following webpage: http://www.eng.ucy.ac.cy/gmitsis/Lab/Lab.html
The employment will commence on the 01/09/2011 and end on the 31/08/2012, and can be renewed. The monthly gross salary will depend upon qualifications and experience and range between €2400/€2800 (full-time/part-time employment). The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus or Medical Insurance coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or a related field
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Bioengineering or a related field
- Strong background in systems theory, automatic control, probability and random signals
- Advanced computer programming skills (Matlab/ Mathematica)
- Good knowledge of the Greek and English languages
- Research experience in mathematical modelling of biological systems (particularly cancer or diabetes), time-series analysis, stochastic differential equations, Bayesian statistics and modelling, as well as in the application of automatic control methods to problems of biological relevance are highly desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Special Scientist is expected to conduct research work under the direct supervision of Dr. Mitsis in the:
- Algorithm development and implementation
- Scientific paper and technical report writing
- Presentation of the results in international scientific conferences
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter
- Full CV (either in Greek or English)
- The names and contact details of two referees, via e-mail to Dr. Georgios Mitsis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org, by the July 25, 2011.
For more information please contact Dr. Georgios Mitsis by phone at +357 22892239 or via e-mail at email@example.com